Straumann partners with Zerodonto – the world’s largets independant online dental community – in the “Excellence in Prosthodontics Award”. Dentists jointly with dental technicians can submit their cases (which need to showcase their collaboration) in February. The winner of the award will get a Straumann® CARES® Intraoral Scanner.
The contest is open to teams (dentists and dental technicians) from all over the world. Each team may submit a single case report about Prosthodontics, posting all the documentary material, from 1 of February to 28 of February, directly on the group Zerodonto Dentistry Contest at this address: https://www.facebook.com/groups/zerodonto or sending everything to: email@example.com (WeTransfer.com provides a useful service to send big attachments). Please start your description with the hashtag #theaward2017.
It will be mandatory to send from 3 to 50 pictures (JPEG, PNG) and a brief description of the clinical case, in English, preferably including technical steps from laboratory and the scientific rationale for the treatment plan. Every image can include more than one photo.
The submitted clinical cases will be entirely posted online also in Zerodonto’s website, in order to give the widest visibility to all participants. You will also find them on the AIOP website. Every clinical case will also find place with a preview on Zerodonto Facebook page. The Evaluation Committee, headed by Pascal Magne and Michel Magne, will select the best three cases on the basis of the following parameters: initial situation, final result, grading of difficulty, operative sequence and documentation.
Then, the best three cases will be highlighted on the web for a week here and also on AIOP website and you all will have the possibility of choosing your favorite case, by clicking like 👍🏻or heart ❤️.
- Straumann will provide its CARES® Intraoral Scanner as first prize.
- AIOP will invite the winners in occasion of the IX Mediterranean Meeting held April 7-8, 2017, in Riccione (Italy); furthermore, the winners will present the clinical case to the audience (accomodation included and 10-15 minute reporting to audience). AIOP will also provide a coDiagnostiX Guided Surgery Software (producer ver.) for the winning team.
- The prize giving will take place during the AIOP IX Mediterranean Meeting
- The American Prosthodontics Society, will invite the winners in Chicago next year in occasion of the Annual Meeting of the APS. APS will support travel (economy airfare) and 2 nights lodging for the recipient of the award.
- The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry will announce the winners of the competition with a photograph in the news and notes section of the journal.
Furthermore, the winning case report will be published on ZERODONTO.